Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My thoughts on Web 2.0 tools (Evaluation)

I found this post quite fascinating and a real eye-opener. My library is not "keeping-up with the Jones'!". It does not have a Flickr and Twitter accounts due to Organisational restrictions. It has a Blog that you can subscribe to. I think Google alerts are installed as statistics are collected and reported about site hits and subscription numbers. I installed Feedburner for my blog analysis. I had a look at Surveymonkey and Zoomerang and these look like great tools for a service to collect and review statistics. A service needs to evaluate its effectiveness using both quantitative and qualitative data. I recall my university used a similar survey tool called Rodski to continually improve services. I think my Library Management Team, Promotions Team, Systems Team could do well using these tools in the future.

No comments: